The new, higher current rating makes DS Series switches ideal for a wider range of high power applications as an interlock, detection, or circuit interrupt switch. Typical applications include appliances and white goods, heating and furnaces, electrical panels, and industrial automation applications. The DS Series switches disconnect the power supply from the equipment anytime the door or panel is opened and the electrical power supply is exposed.
The 16A version is available in:
- snap-in mounting and a momentary snap-action (short button or long button) mechanism
- single pole/double throw (SPDT), and double pole/double throw (DPDT) configurations
- normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) fixed terminals (6.3mm x 0.8mm)
- rated for 16A (resistive rating) and 6A (inductive/motor rating),
- operating life of 10,000 cycles
- over-travel position of 3.20mm (short button) or 10.15mm (long button)
- operating force of 425gf (SPDT) or 680gf (DPDT)
Other versions of the DS Series interlock switches are rated for 0.1A, 125/250V (50,000 or 100,000 cycles); 10A, 125/250V (50,000 cycles); and an operating temperature range spanning -40°C to 85°C. The series is RoHS-compliant and constructed of halogen-free, white UL94V-0 housing material. UL approval of the 16A DS Series switches is pending.